Ballet Ireland is committed to using International Audition Pre-Selection (IAP) Guidelines.
There are currently no audition opportunities. Please check back periodically.
If you would like to request an opportunity to join a company class to be seen by our ballet staff, please submit the following:
1) a video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men:
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
- 3-5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
2) a CV
3) a head shot
4) 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
Please send your material via email to email@example.com or by post to Ballet Ireland, Agher, Summerhill, Co. Meath A83 WK70, Ireland.
All material will be reviewed by the Artistic Team and you will be contacted if you are invited to join class.
Please also note that it is not possible to offer any meetings with Ballet Staff or the Artistic Director to dancers who join company class.